Position: Qualified Mental Health Specialist (QMHS)
$1,000 Signing Bonus for QMHS Specialist
Now more than ever, mental and behavioral health care for kids is needed in our community. Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health is looking to meet the growing demands by hiring a full-time Qualified Mental Health Specialist (QMHS).
As a member of our team, you will help children, youth and families successfully meet life's challenges by offering the support they need. We are a collaborative network of child therapists, psychiatrists, PMHNPs, case managers, school staff, community partners and other mental health professionals working toward a common goal. Together, we provide a positive environment for kids and their families to find health, hope and happiness.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join one of the most innovative therapeutic mental health programs in Stark County. C&A is recognized by Zippia and The Cleveland Plain Dealer/cleveland.com as a Top Workplace in Stark County. We offer a compassionate, supportive, accountable work environment to help you grow your career, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous and affordable medical, dental, life insurance, retirement and paid time off.
Community Based Case Management Services, including but not limited to:
- Provide home, school, and community-based Case Management billable and non-billable interventions and services.
- Provide individual and family based parenting and behavioral intervention and support, along with social, emotional, and developmentally appropriate skill building.
- Assess individual needs and link, coordinate, advocate, and assist with community-based resources as needed to stabilize and meet service goals and objectives.
- Provide crisis support and stabilization in multiple environments, as needed. Develop and assist family in implementing safety and contingency plans.
- Advocate for and link family as specifically recommend by Pediatrician and/or other healthcare professionals.
- Attend appropriate appointments with Psychiatrist and/or Pediatrician and provide feedback regarding current needs and concerns. Advocate for and link family as specifically recommended by Psychiatrist and/or Pediatrician.
- Coordinate and implement behavioral health services; provide and maintain continuity of care and arrange for clinical review as necessary.
- Will be required to participate in trainings as determined by Supervisor to develop and reinforce skills necessary to competently serve youth populations.
- Other duties related to service provision, as assigned, including, but not limited to, timely and accurate submission of progress notes and documentation, meeting assigned productivity expectations, attendance at required meetings and weekly supervision.
Skills and Experience
- One year experience working with youth populations, particularly working with families and children with developmental, behavioral, medical, and/or mental health concerns preferred.
- Knowledge of services, programs, and resources available in Stark County to assist families in meeting the challenges of their children including those with special needs.
- Ability to work effectively with other professionals and different disciplines, both within and outside the mental health profession, to meet the various needs of children.
- Must possess skills to conceptualize client/system needs and recommend appropriate services. Training and experience that is “trauma-informed” as well as background/knowledge of programs pertaining to youth populations are valuable.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to function well as a team member.
- Must be culturally competent and willing to work with clients and families within various and diverse populations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education, Family Services, or related field.
- Associate Degree or high school diploma with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with youth and family populations.
- Must have valid driver’s license and own transportation.
Why Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health
At Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health, we are here for you, so you can be there for them. We provide a supportive environment for our clinical therapists to grow and lead in their careers, and in turn, you bring unmatched compassionate care and expertise.
We have been recognized as one of the Top 10 Best Companies to work for in Stark County, because we strive to take care of our team at work and at home.
Recognition and Awards
Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health has been recognized and ranked on three Zippia lists:
- Best Non-Profit Companies to Work for in Ohio
- Best Companies to Work for in Canton, Ohio
- 2022 Top Workplace for Non-Profits in Northeastern Ohio by Cleveland Plain Dealer/cleveland.com
- Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce Community Salute Award - 2018 Award of Appreciation
We have four locations in Stark County including downtown Canton, Belden Village, Alliance and Plain Township.
Salary Range/Compensation: $16.32 - $20.00
Hours: Full-time. Some evening hours required.
Location: This position is at the Canton/Shipley or Alliance office.
Send resume/apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer Stark Co. – EEO-6
Salary Range or Hourly Rate
$16.32 - $20.00/Hour