The Paralegal I will, under the supervision of the Managing Attorney, assist in the provision of comprehensive, high quality legal services to eligible clients in civil cases in accordance with organizational policies and the Ohio Rules of Professional Conduct. The Paralegal I will be called upon to provide support in a wide variety of civil cases. The Paralegal I will also perform other duties as required.
- Independent worker with excellent analytical and organizational skills who can think systemically, who has the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, and who can plan projects, manage their execution, and document results.
- Demonstrated interest in and sensitivity to the legal needs of the poor as well as motivation to improve the condition of the poor.
- Ability to represent Community Legal Aid and to advocate for its mission.
- Professional attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, dependability and a high desire to contribute to an effective and collaborative work environment.
- Professional demeanor, ability to relate to people in crisis and to low income people, and desire to go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are well served.
- First rate oral and written skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of all computer programs and office machines used by the firm and ability to learn new programs and machines as required.
- Although not absolutely required, a college degree is preferable.
- Notary public or ability to become one immediately following hiring.
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable
Salary Range or Hourly Rate