This position will play a pivotal role in advancing the College's mission by leading and coordinating workforce development initiatives, building partnerships with employers, and promoting academic programs. The Director will oversee career services operations, connect students to internships and jobs, develop workforce training programs, and collaborate with faculty, staff, and industry leaders to serve the talent needs of employers.
Who We Are:
The positive energy at Stark State College comes from exceptionally dedicated employees who work hard for students. Success – for both our employees and our students – is the result.
We value diversity in backgrounds and experiences and strive to provide an environment that makes students, faculty, staff and community feel welcome and valued.
You’ll be a Great Fit if:
You are looking for a position that will have a meaningful impact on connecting students to careers and meeting workforce demands.
- Develop and expand partnerships with employers, industry groups, government agencies, and community organizations
- Promote the College's academic programs to recruit students into high-demand fields
- Design and deliver workforce training programs aligned to employer and industry needs
- Lead a team providing career counseling, job placement, and work-based learning opportunities for students
- Track and report on key metrics including enrollment, completion, job placement, and employer satisfaction
- Oversee career fairs, employer networking events, and other initiatives to connect students with jobs.
To be Considered You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in workforce development, adult education, sales, or related field
- Management experience leading teams to achieve goals
- Strong relationship-building, presentation, and communication skills
- Knowledge of labor market trends, employer needs, and industry credentials
To View the Full Job Description, Click Here
Outstanding Benefits You Can Expect From Stark State:
(see the benefits tab for more details)
Full-time employees: excellent medical, dental & vision coverage; paid life and AD&D insurance; state pension/retirement (OPERS/STRS); paid time off, sick leave and paid holidays; paid Stark State tuition, tuition reimbursement and employee assistance program.
The work you do at Stark State will matter to the thousands of students who walk through our doors, and eventually across the commencement stage, on their journey to a better tomorrow. Come join us and learn how your aspirations can be part of a better future for them – and you.
We love meeting stellar candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply.
Salary Range or Hourly Rate
$89,411.00 - $114,630.00 Annually