The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank offers a diverse workplace with professionals that work together to fulfill our mission in the fight to end hunger. We are seeking individuals who share and believe in our core values – compassion, collaboration, service, integrity, inclusion and innovation.
The Corporate Major Gift Officer will work mainly out of our Akron Facility and is eligible to work remotely part-time.
The Corporate Major Giving Officer will work under the direction of the Regional Director, Stark County Campus to plan, coordinate, and implement all fundraising initiatives for current and prospective corporate partners in the Foodbank service area. This position will utilize a donor-centered approach to maintain a portfolio of 100-150 mid-level to major corporate donors; establishing and building relationships through phone calls, personalized emails, presentations, event attendance, face-to-face visits, and other communications to increase corporate resources.
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive approach to corporate and corporate foundation giving in order to bundle requests and identify engagement points for partners, maximizing opportunities in all eight counties.
2. Cultivate existing and secure new corporations/businesses to support all Foodbank fundraising initiatives at a major gift level
3. Develop a comprehensive approach to a robust prospecting plan for corporations or businesses and work collaboratively with Operations on interconnected prospecting opportunities with food donors.
4. Create a mid-level corporate donor plan to increase to major giving from current and new campaigns, transition corporate product donors to cash donors, and increase the opportunities for food and funds to generate more direct donation of funds.
5. Coordinate the relationships with corporate volunteers in collaboration with the volunteer team.
6. Work collaboratively with the Events Specialist and secure sponsorships for all Foodbank Special Events including but not limited to Taste of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Selfless Elf and Harvest for Hunger Breakfast.
7. Develop new and maintain philanthropic relationships with regional and national corporations and corporate foundations for Foodbank priorities, including operating and programmatic support. Create compelling written proposal materials and presentations to prospects and donors and implement appropriate stewardship strategies.
8. Implement the corporate and community engagement strategy for the Foodbank’s major campaigns including Harvest for Hunger and the Holiday Campaign.
9. Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, manage proposal submissions, and funding reporting deadlines
10. Collaborate with Donor Services Team to ensure that all donations are acknowledged appropriately and in a timely manner.
11. Accurately track all donor interactions using the Raiser’s Edge software system.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Management, Communications, Marketing or Non-Profit Management.
2. Experience: Five or more years of fundraising experience in mid to large nonprofit organizations.
3. Excellent presentation and communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, and to deliver compelling, coherent messages in one-to-one, small group and large group settings. A communication style that is open, cordial, empathetic, warm and persuasive. Good listener and consensus-builder.
4. Ability to network effectively with individuals and businesses at all levels.
5. Passionate advocate for closing the food insecurity gap.
6. Natural collaborator with the ability to work with individuals from various backgrounds on projects to gather information relevant to the work.
7. Critical problem solver with the ability to concisely convey perspectives.
8. Outstanding organizational skills, with the ability to complete projects on a timely basis and to manage multiple priorities and balance competing priorities.
9. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Donor Database Management software such as Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect and/or Andar software extremely helpful.
10. Available during off-hours for communications of all kinds
11. Occasionally required to travel out of town on business and asked to work evenings and weekends as warranted.
Come join an organization that makes a difference in the lives of others! The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is proud to be an eighth time recipient of the NorthCoast99 award, which showcases our Foodbank as one of the top 99 places to work in Northeast Ohio. We offer a warm and loving culture filled with opportunities to grow and develop your career, competitive benefits, and compensation, 9 paid Holidays and a generous paid time off program that begins on day one!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range or Hourly Rate
$60,000-$65,000, contingent on experience.